Tuesday, August 10, 2010

On the road again…

Mama, Daddy, and I had to make our trek to Valdosta to sign the lease on my new apartment. We left yesterday afternoon as soon as we finished up lunch at Zaxby’s(YUM!). We got a little over halfway there when I hit a tire that someone had lost in the MIDDLE OF I-75! There was no avoiding it because I had a vehicle beside me and one behind them and a car behind me. The Ford F-150 in front of me had just enough room to change lanes and avoid it. I unfortunately, did not. I got off of the interstate on the next exit and checked out my car. Fortunately, it only took a little bit of paint off of my bumper and put a dent in my rear quarter panel(which Daddy popped out) because I was able to move over a little as to not hit the tire head on. When I realized my car was still drivable and not very damaged I headed up the exit ramp to merge back onto the interstate. When I got to the stop sign on top of the bridge I saw a car with flashers on at the top. There was a younger looking girl taking pictures of the front of her car with her camera phone. I don’t usually stop for ANYONE because you just don’t know with the crazies out there today, but she looked harmless. I mean she was about 5’ with heels on and maybe weighed 100 pounds soaking wet. So I stopped and asked if everything was okay. She said no and that she hit a tire(THE SAME ONE I DID) on the interstate and that she was 5 1/2 hours from home. Mama and Daddy were wayyy behind me so I called them to see if they could help. They finally answered the phone right after they passed the exit we were at. See Daddy used to have an auto body shop when we lived in New Jersey and he works on cars a lot. He could at least tell her if the car was drivable or maybe rig it up so she could get it home. They got off the next exit only to find that due to construction they could not re-enter the interstate from that point. They found an alternate route and made it back to help this poor girl. He ripped her bumper off(which was barely hanging on and would have to be replaced anyways) and checked out the underside of her car to make sure there was no major damage. She busted up her air conditioning condenser and jammed a fan that cools the motor so he advised her to ride the rest of the way with no air conditioning and keep a check on her temperature gauge. Bless her dear little heart for having to make that ride with no AC in the blazing hot summer.

attachment.ashx (3)

(See told ya it was minimal! Thank you, Jesus!)

We headed onto Valdosta and were almost late for our 2PM appointment to sign our lease. We got there signed the MILLIONS of pages of paperwork(okay, maybe I’m embellishing a bit!) and got our KEYS! I didn’t take pictures of the apartment because we were so eager to get our stuff in there but after I get all of our furniture in and get it like we want it I will be sure to post some pictures. On the way home I stopped by Tropical Smoothie and got a Strawberry Beach smoothie!Oh, how I’ve missed Valdosta!

 attachment.ashx (2)

Be on the lookout for apartment pictures next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment