Monday, July 5, 2010

Headed home.

Daddy woke up at the crack of dawn this morning ready to go. See, I told you he's not much for the beach! I didn't get up until around 1030AM because when we talked about what time we were leaving he said around lunch time! He and I headed back home early because we have to work this week. Mama and Sami are staying in Daytona until Friday!

We finally made it out, it took some prodding to get me going, around 1140. I talked him into stopping by Starbucks as we were headed out. I introduced him to the Caramel Frappaccino yesterday and he's HOOKED! He loves it!

We took back roads home and saw all the beauty North Florida and South Georgia has to offer. We only took THREE pee breaks! lol.

On our third and final break, we stopped in Enigma, GA which is less than an hour and half from home we pulled into one of TWO convienence stores around and as we pulled in Daddy said there's a cop. I turned around and there were blue lights behind us. I couldn't figure why we would get pulled over. We weren't speeding. Daddy didn't go over 70 the entire ride from Daytona(the speed limit was 65 most of the way). He told me to go in and I did. When I came out the officer was holding my Daddy's drivers license and registration. This can't be good!

I got in the truck and didn't say a word, just listened. The officer was talking to daddy about how he passed us in the road and clocked us going *78* in a 55. WHAT THE HECK? I told you earlier, Daddy didn't exceed 70MPH the WHOLE TIME! He had his cruise on. My Daddy is precious as can be. He is the building inspector for Turner County and has this super awesome badge saying so in his wallet. That thing is LEGIT! He showed the officer his badge and told him that he abides the law and has not had a ticket or even been pulled over in 20 years and that he works with the police, firefighters, and EMTs back home and tries to obey the law. The officer told him he would leave it up to Daddy to decide what the officer should do. SERIOUSLY?? WHO WOULD TELL YOU THEY WANTED TO GET A TICKET???? Long story short, he gave Daddy a verbal warning and told him get his speedometer checked out. So we headed on home from there as Daddy replayed the situation over and over to me! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment