Monday, June 18, 2012

The “broken” tire.

After nap today Nate and I decided to go to the library to look at books and check some new ones out. That is always fun and now that he is older he can appreciate books more. On our way to the library we had a tire  blow out.

Well y’all know as well as I that when it comes to cars my Daddy spoils me. He is always the first person I call and he will ALWAYS come to the rescue to fix whatever is wrong. Being an hour away in Valdosta is hard but 2 1/2 hours away in Marietta is even harder for him to rescue me. So I decided to “man up” and change my tire myself. I have seen it done a million times it can’t be that hard! Just kidding.

After a few hours (okay maybe it was seconds- but it felt like hours) of trying to get the lug nuts unscrewed a sweet gentleman drove up behind me and said that he saw me hit the storm drain and wanted to check on me and he offered to change the tire. This man was dressed in nice clothes. I would hate for him to get his khakis and nice button up shirt dirty so I told him I would call AAA and get them to come help. He refused and got to work on my tire. He had an electric ratchet and had the old tire off and new one on in ten minutes! I was greatly impressed! Nate was so sweet and told the man “Thanks for fixing Miss Suzi’s tire!” before he left! I am so thankful for nice people!

blowntire

blown tire

Nate kept talking about my broken tire all afternoon. He couldn’t wait to show Julia my broken tire after we got home. I am thankful that we were safe and for people who do good deeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment